In and out of Kabul Afghanistan 2005-2012

Sep 22, 2011

Brain food

Great kimchi recently at the Korean restaurant - low profile family living room type place and good bulgogi and the like and on my way out a large Styrofoam container was slipped into my hand. I generally snack/graze from noon on and this was a delightful addition to the selection in my little bar fridge which is basically full of yogurt, juice and fruit.

Last of the "Chinese miso" today ... my daughter usually blesses me with a large tub of the real thing from Japan but we were too busy on my day of departure from Toronto in late August ... stuff must be good for the brain as mine has been busy with only ten days left on this job and then seven weeks at UNHabitat and then a big break which needs to be anticipated with some good ticking

Have been structuring an "offer" to counter the anticipated one from UNHabitat for fulltime one year starting in feb 2012 - I want to work at most 1/2 time here next year - ... the big guy at USAID likes the project and is looking for something innovative and a concept paper for "the next project" starting 2013 ...

plus the project management needs some regularly adjustments from Dr Gillies ...

thinking seriously about spending winter 2012/13 in LaPêche - fortunately i still have a year to come to my senses.